Go back to normal view
1. The Church of Christ
The Wider Church:
- We pray for all Christian people, that they might be candles of light & hope in a world longing for warmth & understanding.
- Anglican Cycle: The Diocese of Kericho (Kenya).
- USPG Prayer Diary: Pray for the society’s work in Sri Lanka.
- NICHOLAS, Bishop of Leeds.
- TOBY, Bishop of Bradford. GLYN, Bishop of Beverley.
- All the bishops, & all clergy & people.
- Readers in the Diocese.
Towards the 150th Anniversary of the Parish:
- Pray for preparations to celebrate the 150th Anniversary in 2018.
- Pray for our preparations for Christmas & for our Advent Appeal.
Yes to Children & Young People:
- Kathy HUGHES, our Children & Families Worker,
Come & See, Discovery, Discovery Eucharist, Ecumenical Youth Gp,
Nursery Praise, Sunday School, Thursday Toddlers,
- TASS, Jane GLENDINNING & all the staff, the pupils & their families, & governors.
Anniversary of Baptism: Leon James SHEARS (HT, 11/12/11)
- Pray for Peter MAYO-SMITH, minister-designate of TEC.
- Pray that a new vicar may be found for SM.
All who receive communion at home:
Gary BLACKBURN, Donald COATES, Monica FOULDS, Barbara HARVEY, Jean LOCK, Irene McCOULL, Dorothy MURRAY, Eileen NICHOLSON, Audrey OGDEN, Mary & Kenneth PATTINSON, Tom RENSHAW, Audrey STRICKLAND. The residents of Wingfield Hse.
2. Creation, human society, the Sovereign & those in authority
- We continue to pray for all those working for peace in various difficult situations around the world, including: Iraq/Syria, Israel/ Palestine, Libya, Russia/Ukraine, South Sudan, Yemen.
- We pray especially for all civilians suffering in the conflict in Yemen, particularly those that are malnourished, sick or homeless. We ask that all those with power & influence will work together to make it possible to live in security & peace.
- We pray for all those killed, injured or made homeless in the earthquake in Indonesia & ask for God’s blessing as people & communities attempt to rebuild their lives.
- We pray for Italy at this time of change: for her people & for all those in authority & with the power to effect change for good.
- We pray for all those who died or were injured in the recent fire in California; may they & their loved ones find healing & peace.
- We pray for all those who are homeless or who sleep rough; may God send help to feed them, warm them & shelter them.
3. The Local Community
- As we prepare for the season when we celebrate the birth of the Christ child, we remember those who do not look forward to this time; for those who are poor & unable to afford luxuries; for those who have no one to share with; for those who mourn the passing of loved ones: may God bless them & provide for their needs.
- We pray for all who live in the parish, & especially all on Bracken Park, Delph Wood Close, Garden View, Gilstead Drive, Little Beck Drive.
4. Those who suffer & those with special concerns
We pray daily for those who are sick or have special concerns. Please let Fr Andrew know, if you would like to put a name on our prayer list.
5. The Communion of Saints
Those who have died recently, & are remembered with thanks:
Doreen COOK, Susan Wendy GOMERSALL,Yvonne Marie TILLOTSON, Chris BAMFORD,
Peter Henry ROBINSON, Jane MICKLETHWAITE, David John HARRISON, Arthur HOLLINGS, Kate BARBER, Nellie WEBSTER, Michael HEATON, Ron PATTERSON.
Nellie ELSWORTH, Maureen STANLEY, Sarah JOHNSON,Eric PEARSON, Jack LONGDEN, Anne Elizabeth KELLY, Jean Mary JACQUES, Mary DALBY, Graham NICHOLSON, Joyce HIRD, Mary Alice PATCHETT, Winnifred Margaret MAY, Larry TOWN-JONES, George & Dorothy McFADYEN, Verna WHITE, Winifred ELLIS.