Charitable giving 2015-6
- The parish gave £3,050 to the work of the church overseas and various charities in 2015.
- The biggest amount - £1,500 - was given to our overseas missionary partners – the United Society Us.
- The sum of £1,140 was given to our work among children and young families led by our children and families worker, Kathy Hughes.
£100 each was given to
- Beacon – work with refugees and asylum seekers, our link dioceses in Northern Sudan, BAQOUN - the visit of a folk dance troupe of young Palestine Christians to the diocese and
- The Fikelela Project, supporting people suffering from HIV/Aids in the Cape Town diocese in South Africa.
We also gave £10 to the Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust.
David and Susan Markham, who brought The Fikelela Project to the notice of the parish through family links in Cape Town, converted the £100 into 2,000 Rands and took it with them when they went on holiday to Cape Town in January. They handed over the donation at St Thomas Church, Rondebosch, one of many parishes in Cape Town, who support Fikelela and later in their holiday helped parishioners from St Thomas’ pack more than 100 food parcels to be given to Aids victims and the families.
Picture shows David and Susan helping with the bag packing. - see photos